Wednesday, June 5, 2013

aren't you relieved to know you're not a golem?

confusedtree: confusedtree: confusedtree: Stop what you're doing and read this. For every note...

confusedtree:

confusedtree:

confusedtree:

Stop what you're doing and read this. For every note this post gets, a bee will burrow into my skin and become one with my mind and body. With your help I will transform into a being (a beeing) of unadulterated fuzzy black and yellow unity, an unstoppable and horrifying force of nauseating hivemind efficiency and then I will know true peace. Please help me achieve my dreams

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I HAVE COMMUNICATED WITH LIKE TWENTY PEOPLE TODAY AND A COUPLE OF THEM WERE STRANGERS I AM SO PROUD...

I HAVE COMMUNICATED WITH LIKE

TWENTY PEOPLE TODAY

AND A COUPLE OF THEM WERE STRANGERS

I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF

Photo



vasheden replied to your post: If you don't think chicken+crunchy peanut butter… I've never...

I've never heard of this, but it sounds delicious. What exactly goes into this?

In a chicken and crunchy peanut butter sandwich?

  • chicken
  • crunchy peanut butter

If you want to get complicated, my absolute favourite sandwich is

  • a grilled chicken breast
  • crunchy peanut butter
  • a fried egg (YES)
  • all wrapped up in butterleaf lettuce
  • (no bun, fuck buns)

If you don’t think chicken+crunchy peanut butter sandwiches are delicious, well then, I...

If you don’t think chicken+crunchy peanut butter sandwiches are delicious, well then, I don’t know if we can be friends (who share food because you wouldn’t like my sandwich, but I’ll gladly make something else for you)

redcloud replied to your post: A post about physical therapy Okay, it's not a… Replace "pain"...

Replace "pain" with "fatigue", and I can thoroughly relate.

You know, strangely enough, I am almost NEVER asked about my fatigue, let alone to evaluate my level of fatigue. But it is an extremely prominent part of my health issues and general physical limitations… especially my limitations when it comes to doing the assigned exercises. Hmm.

And while I’m glad to have people who can relate, I am also sorry that you can relate because it’s unfair that people have to live life like this.

Star Wars: The story of two gay robots and their struggle to...



Star Wars: The story of two gay robots and their struggle to stay alive and stay together as the galaxy falls to pieces around them.

aristi-cthonia replied to your post: A post about physical therapy Okay, it's not...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY ABOUT 0-10 SCALES WHEN IT COMES TO ILLNESS AND INJURY

IT IS THE MACHINE AGAINST WHICH I RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A post about physical therapy Okay, it’s not a secret I go to physical therapy. It’s not...

A post about physical therapy

Okay, it’s not a secret I go to physical therapy. It’s not a secret that I’ve been to a great number of different physical therapists over the past six years. Behavioural/mental therapy, too, and what I’m about to write applies to that as well, but it’s not the immediate concern.

I’ve seen this physical therapist a handful of times. She gave me some exercises and so on, and then when I return she asks how I’m doing with them, if they make things hurt more or if they tired me, etc. And I usually say, “Uh, I was a little more sore. And fatigued.” Because it’s true.

She hands me a card and asks me to point out on a scale of 0-10 my level of pain. 0 is no pain. Let me repeat: 0 is NO pain. Anything above 0 means something hurts. 10 is ‘curled up in bed whimpering as my roommate asks over and over if I need to go to the hospital.’

(I have not been at a 0 for years. I likely will never be at a 0 again.)

My average is 6 or 7. That falls under the ‘distressing’ category. And as my pain increased over time, my tolerance for pain did as well. This doesn’t mean that I felt it less, but that I’ve learned to force myself to do things even though every bit of my brain is screaming, “STOP. REST. YOU ARE INJURED. YOU SHOULDN’T BE MOVING.”

So when I say, “I was more sore,” that means my pain moved from ‘distressing’ to ‘practically unbearable’ just because I sat on an exercise ball and stretched my arms. The reason I do it is because I am trying to have faith that in the long run, it will help. Not because it doesn’t hurt. It hurts a LOT. But I’m trying. I have to try.

Anyway, the therapist said to me what many therapists have said to me in the past: “You do well with these exercises. Most people with your condition aren’t able to do them, it just skyrockets their pain. But you can do them and keep up with them. I think that’s a good sign!”

And I don’t have the words to explain that it does the exact same thing to me, I’m simply more resilient than the 60- and 70-year-old women who come in. And god dammit, I am stubborn, and in this case it’s an excellent quality to have! So sure I can do the exercises and keep up with them, but it’s excruciating at times.

Now, the reason this makes me insecure is that I imagine in the therapist’s mind, she believes I am healthier, happier, more capable in everyday life than I am saying. She may believe I am lying or exaggerating! I do not act like a person in pain—no, let me rephrase: I rarely act like a person who is constantly in debilitating pain. I smile and joke, and when I can’t do something, I don’t groan or yell. I may wince a little and calmly say, “Oh, no, it hurts when I do that.” 

At the same time, these are chronic insecurities that I have because of a lifetime of my needs being ignored because I present as a happier, healthier person than I truly was. I’m aware that if the therapist thought I wouldn’t benefit from her services, she wouldn’t agree to see me anymore. But since hers is a response I’ve gotten from many professionals in the past, it is a question that I’ve spent a long time stewing over.

Well, anyway, regardless of whether it’s a perfectly logical response or not, that is my current insecurity: that my therapist may not believe I am as ill as I say. I suppose a potential future problem would be if that were the case and it somehow showed up on a report to the state when I applied for disability aid. That could cause issues, though I don’t think it’s likely. However, I am prone to overthinking. I only recently learned to believe myself (as of a year and a half ago), so it is a struggle to remember that how I feel is truly how I feel, and other people cannot define that for me.

Hmm, yep, that’s about it. It’s nice just to get it out in writing. The more I deal with it and reason my way through it, the less of an issue it will be for me. 

wei723: After horizon mission.



wei723:

After horizon mission.

illogical-tribble: iflops: Basic plot of every Star Trek episode: Kirk: I'm gonna go do the...

illogical-tribble:

iflops:

Basic plot of every Star Trek episode:

Kirk: I'm gonna go do the thing

Spock: It is illogical to go do the thing

McCoy: Goddammit Spock stop being so—

Spock: *insert sass here*

McCoy: *insert more sass here*

Kirk: *goes and does the thing*

Spock and McCoy: *still sassin around*

Chekov: *explains how sass was invented in Russia*

Sulu: *sass engaged at warp speed*

Scotty: THE SHIP CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE SASS CAPTAIN.

When I say something about where I’m from, people almost inevitably ask, “So what...

When I say something about where I’m from, people almost inevitably ask, “So what brought you to Florida?”

And the best I can do is sort of shrug and give a helpless look and say, “Iiiii… dunno,” followed b a grin.

Because for some reason people don’t want to hear, “My parents are delusional and abusive and kicked me out and this was the only place I could go where I knew I’d have a place to live long-term.”

Does anyone else feel awkward about something they can’t really explain to others even though a very good explanation exists?

beauty-and-the-art: A transparent invitation to Rapunzels and...



beauty-and-the-art:

A transparent invitation to Rapunzels and Eugene Fitzherberts wedding. Enjoy! ♥ 

Photo





discoart: my love for these three is getting out of control...





discoart:

my love for these three is getting out of control help

Photo













hanars: Gab and I are going to do femme!Spock (her) and femme!Kirk (me) costumes for...

hanars:

Gab and I are going to do femme!Spock (her) and femme!Kirk (me) costumes for Dragon*Con.

We've decided that anytime someone mentions Pon Farr to us (in any capacity) we are going to fight.

So if you find yourself at Dragon*Con, and you happen to see femme Kirk and Spock… Just yell Pon Farr and we will fight to the death.

Yep.

This is going to happen and you all BETTER be screaming “PON FARR” across the entire hotel if you even so much as get a glimpse of us, hot damn

science-officer-spock: so-i-mimed-ducks: Pavel Chekov - He can...















science-officer-spock:

so-i-mimed-ducks:

Pavel Chekov - He can do zat.

may i add Admiral?

Hayllyn and I are sitting here giggling and wheezing “The Obedient Spaceship”

Hayllyn and I are sitting here giggling and wheezing “The Obedient Spaceship”

I am going to start watching Startrek now because of you. I do not know what the TOS means, though I'm pretty sure it DOESN'T mean 'the obedient spaceship' , but that was the only thing I came up with. I usually like most of the shows you post about, so I hope this is great. The only thing I'm unsure of right now is if I should start with the beginning or with the uni-dog episode. I think I'm doing the Vulcan thing and start at the beginning. PS I hope you recover soon from the allergic stuff!!!

OH! This is the best message ever. It's so campy and hilarious and wonderful. I hope you enjoy it!

TOS means "The Original Series" … aka the one with Kirk as captain that was made in the 1960s. …the spaceship is fairly obedient, though, except for when some outside force is messing with its ability to operate.

Star Trek: The Obedient Spaceship. Yeah, I think Kirk would agree.

You may as well start at the beginning (you can stream them all on StarTrek.com for free!), as the uni-dog episode is the 5th episode in the first season.

Feel free to let me know what you think of it! (I know it's extremely ridiculous especially in the beginning, but it gets better and sweeter and more compelling and more hilarious as you get further into the series)

No comments:

Post a Comment